Exceptional writing, production, and digital media skills. Ability to manage multiple projects, adhere to strict deadlines, with relentless attention to detail, accuracy, and ethics.
— Areas of Key Emphasis —
- Creative Storytelling
- Visual Story Development
- Fact Checking/Copy Editing
- Project & Deadline Management
- Editorial Story Development
- Idea Creation
- Print/Web/Digital Copywriting
- Client/Media Relationships
- Audio & Video Production
Senior Editor | New York Yankees, Bronx, New York Jan. 2014–Present
Tell stories through print, digital, video, and social media content creation and deliver branded messaging on all platforms by engaging audiences through audio, video, photos, and short copy posts. Identify, pitch, research, design and write original, investigative and feature-length articles for New York Yankees Magazine and yankees.com, as well as the New Era Pinstripe Bowl, under tight deadlines. Code and publish articles online. Produce, edit and host bi-weekly podcast.
- Rebranded Yankees’ social media presence, produced content on social sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat, which led to the Yankees becoming the “most-liked” MLB team across all platforms.
- Created digital marketing and ad campaigns on Facebook and Twitter leading to a 250% increase in print sales.
- Conceived of, produce, direct and host the Yankees’ first in-house podcast, The Yankees Magazine Podcast, and a spin-off podcast, The Yankees Magazine Podcast: Red Carpet Edition.
- Code and maintain Yankees Magazine Online using HTML, a self-learned process. Create and manage editorial calendar, all aspects of design and layout, and actively upload articles, photos, additional photo galleries, and associated captions.
Producer/Content Strategist| Caitie McCabe Photography, New York June 2016– Present
Conceptualize, write, and edit digital and social content to accompany photo and video productions. Produce and edit audio content. Manage all production aspects and onsite activities during photo and video shoots. Curate, design and format digital media and manage long-term media planning, monitor engagement and perform consistent, cohesive updates to the website and social media pages for cross promotion. Edit emails/email blasts and promotional and social materials to include brochures, slideshows, presentations, postcards, and mock-up newspapers, all sent to clients/prospective clients, engaging respondents and promoting the brand.
- Assisted with organizational rebranding effort, which included complete oversight and management of audio and video production, digital media, and associated printed promotional materials.
- Helped redesign, create and edit social content on new branded Instagram and Facebook accounts.
Staff Writer | Rivertowns Enterprise, New York Sept. 2012–2017
Propose, research, develop, and write weekly feature articles for a news publication with content specific to four towns. Research and participate in upcoming events and activities, selecting which to promote and then crafting, editing, and submitting articles. Research, coordinate, and conduct phone and in-person interviews with subjects for proposed publication inclusion.
- Selected to identify one Player of the Year each season for softball, soccer, and hockey, and write in-depth profiles for the winner of each award.
Education and Credentials
Bachelor of Arts in Communication, 2012
University of Hartford, West Hartford, CT
Dean’s List, President’s List, Presidential Scholarship, Yearbook Sports Editor, 2009-2012
Completed internships with 95.5 WPJL Radio (2010) and the Wildlife Conservation Society (2013)
Environments: Mac OS X, Windows, HTML
Tools: Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel), Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Audition, Premiere Pro), Final Cut Pro